CopyNight will be Tuesday, 4/26 at 6:30PM at Teaism
CopyNight this month will be at our usual time and place. There is no set topic or guest this month but there are certainly tons of stories in the news worth discussing. Here are just a few you might like to read up on to discuss next Tuesday.
- YouTube to send repeat infringers to Copyright School which inspired long time friends of CopyNight DC, Public Knowledge, to run a remix contest to improve on YouTube’s copyright education video
- Interesting developments in copyright internationally including the EU voting on copyright extension, New Zealand rushing a new anti-p2p law, and European court of justice rules against net filtering for any reason especially catching copyright infringement
- Amazon’s decision to launch Cloud Player without explicit licenses from the labels and Google’s possible decision to follow suit
- Judge reveals contract that could disrupt copyright troll’s cases
- New music industry lawsuits, this time targeting the labels
As always, fee free to bring any other stories you wish to discuss. You are also welcome to suggest topics and guests for future CopyNights.
6:30 PM, Tuesday, April 26th 2011
Teaism – 400 8th St. NW (Chinatown or Archives Metro)